BACK TO NATURE

BACK TO NATURE
Green green grass of home

Life is shaped by your thoughts, therefore.....

Monday, 20 November 2006

The run.. the rock.. and the roll!!!


A beautiful Sunday morning at the Selayang Stadium... no commotion... no riot... only a group of anxious runners from all walks of life & all range of sizes & from various countries... at the start line, warming up their engines, to start the 10km & 7km run...

Inside the stadium, Candy Soo conducted an aerobic warm-up session, but I was outside the stadium, did my lite warm-up, applied the deep-heat & finished up my bottles of water to avoid dehydration..

Before the race started, the organizer did an announcement to all runners that "The Selayang 10km Run is opened to ALL, not only Malaysian. If there's any complaint, please see the organizer & if anyone wish not to continue with the run, they may get the refund before the race starts." You want to know why such announcement was made?? That was because the organizer received complaints from a group of runners who said they were not happy that they have to compete with foreign runners from Kenya & Thailand especially. You think the organizer will want to listen to their craps??? Naaaaaaaahhhhh... the organizer would prefer to count how much $$$ can they profit out of the race they organized. There were many foreign runners participated in this run, from Kenya (my running team-mate), Thailand (I've befriended them now), Japan (Iwata Takatoshi & Iwata Junki do speak to me nowadays!!), from England & USA, total all were about 20 runners. Perghh.. The fees and the participation of these foreign runners showed that this run is something interesting. These bunch of runners who complained too much, to me, were just afraid of their own shadow, they just can't admit their weaknesses, therefore, they don't want foreign runners to race here in Malaysia for small races like this one, because their aim is not to improve their running, but only to win & make money.... No wonder, there are no real good runners representing Malaysia in Doha Games!!!

In fact, at the starting line, I witnessed myself, in front of my eyes, how rude our own Malaysian runners, they provoked & do all kind of looks & gestures to the foreign runners showing their dissatisfaction. What a shame!!! Why can't they just think out of the box in this world of running!! So typical.

Well, the race started with running up the hill of Puncak Templer for a stretch of 1km, then downhill, then few major uphill & downhill, I counted & they were about 6 or 7 hills... perghhhhhh... didn't expect that many hills in Selayang... anyway, I'm really prepared for it.

I ran at my fast & slow pace alternately, anyway, my biggest mistake was allowing 6 runners to 'potong sayur' me & didn't try hard enough to catch them back. Just because of that, I missed the chance being at the 10th placing & win the $$$. hahahahahahaha..... stupid me!!

At the finishing line, I arrived at exactly 60mins & got the medal for 16th placing . Yahhooooo!! Yippeeee!! As usual, on my way to the 100Plus & Milo drink station, met many people, Shaharudin, Uncle Super, Goh, Iwata-san and many others. But what surprised me & really made me laughed was, a group of boys came over to me & asked me this question "ARE YOU SUWAIBAH??" I was just about to laugh loudly, but I managed to calm myself, & I answered, "NO, I'M JUST HER FRIEND." They said that I looked exactly like Suwaibah. My heart really laughed out.... hahahahahahaha... Do I really look like her?? No lah.... in marathon, she's the superb one!! I'm just a 'katak kecil' running around happily...

After the prize giving session, went home & felt good, my body was not aching at all, thanks to Donna pills & the good sleep I had the night before.

Overall, Selayang 10km Run was a good run!! Thank you.

:)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations cous!! We are very proud of you......

PURPLE.EYEZ said...

Hey cous!! Thanks to all of u too!! I'm proud of u too guys...

aharis said...

huh!! jakinyer aku..
Nx time maintain pace tuh! Jgn kasi sapa2 potong. Dia saing aje.. pederas sikit.. mental ajer!...

Heheheee.. ada gaya coach tak?

aharis said...

Marah org kampung hang buat camtu..

..ya! we're still org kampung lagik

Anonymous said...

awak ni makan julap apa hah lari laju sgt nih?

PURPLE.EYEZ said...

alHa: sebenaqnya, aku x brapa fit sgt masa tu, kahak dok berkeladak lagi, so lari ikut sesedap rasa je...
o ye, org kpg x leh marah sbb aku wakil terunggul depa... hahahaha..

z!!! julap 'incikabin'... hahahahah... lama menyepi, hang pi vietnam ka??

Anonymous said...

aiyaaa, how come aku boleh tak join selayang run *head banging*

PURPLE.EYEZ said...

jaja : kalo tau u nak lari, i tlg reg then fetch u... isk..