
Subang Jaya 10km Run 2006
Kompleks Sukan MPSJ, Subang Jaya
5 November 2006, 7.30am
Finally, decided to run the SJ10km yesterday...
Because, I felt like running...
Because, it was like running "down memory lane"...
I lived & survived & worked in SJ for quite sometime ago... & SJ was also a very memorable place... laughter & tears...
On the race day, I arrived quite late, around 7.15am. Parked the car & headed to the reporting station to drop the reporting card.
Met Rosliza (tumpang my car key in her backpack), Steph, Faizah & FTAAA fren (dunno her name, just call her Kakak for the past 1 year) & Zul der pacemakers gang..
Everybody was so excited at the starting line, the Menteri Besar of Selangor has arrived, greeted & shook hand with the frontliners, and sharp @ 7.30am, "Bang!!!"...
and all the runners started running like the bullets, except me.
I really ran at my slow relaxing pace... let go about 20+ runners in my category (women open)... plus the wheelchair runners who were preparing themselves for the Fespic 2006.. about me, I ran slow & that was because I'm still having my fever & flu with me... I ran because I wanted to sweat out... I think I won't do that again next time... it doesn't really worked as I'm still having it till now...

It was a very flat route, the weather was kind, I ran alone & singing by myself...
finally reached the finishing line & was given a card written with my bib no & my position of #61... Looked at my watch & it showed 08.26am... mmmmm calculating 07.30am till 08.25am... can I say 0.55mins!! Yes, that's my finishing time... 55mins!! Excuse me for my bad timing... that's due to my fever, for not being training properly after my last run, Putrajaya Marathon... I blamed no one but myself but I thanked my new Adidas pair of shoes which carried me comfortably along the run...

Upon finishing, searched hungrily for the water station & gulped cups & cups & cups of water!!! While looking around for Rosliza who kept my car keys, met Jaja, the blogowner of "Whenthecikenstartstodance" & also Mary, the blogkeeper of "PrincessRen".. the duo took up running recently & seemed to enjoy every bit of the pain & the gain...
also met Anniza Soh (duathlon,towerthon,marathon,climbathon supergirl), Uncle SuperManiam (1st Men Jr Vet), Goh (3rd men Jr Vet), Kuna (4th Men Open), Masitah & Misbah, the Explorace Runner-up Girls, Dino (going to Doha soon), Alex (Putrajaya Marathon pacer), Tee (my MSN coursemate), CM @ Ryan Teoh (pm17) & few other familiar runners. Stayed till the prize giving & teased Goh who went up 3 times to the podium to collect on behalf of other winners, for Dino (3rd Men Open), 3rd Women Open & for himself (3rd Men Jr Vet).
Reached home by 12.00pm, cold shower, fried nasik goreng & had it with my fav hot Milo & gobbled my flu & fever medicines & applied some musclepain ointment on the knee & ankle & lastly, kabooooommmm.... zzzzzzzzzzzz till 2.30pm for Zuhur...
Well, like it or not, some post-mortem of the SJ10km yesterday...
... # 1 Lesson for me... Never run while having flu & fever...
... Never forget to carry the PowerGel no matter in what race...
... If possible carry a water bottle if the organizer do not provide at all.. at least 1... for distance of 10km & above la... not less..
... No proper marshall & distant marking (next time I can start running from 5km till 10km & win Top 3!!)
... No refreshment station (so cruel!!)
... No finishers' medal (only Top 10!!)
... Not so friendly & well organized as what was written in The Star...
... Lucky draw wasn't that expensive & attractive as promoted in The Star...
... Quite boring... as commented by Alex & Tee... (sorry organizers - MPSJ, The Star & S'ngor AAA).. I agreed, it was!!
Overall, it's ok if this would be my 1st & last SJ10km run...
For more stories of the run, read here & here!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In The Star today...
Test for triathletes
Malaysia's three Asian Games triathletes, Kimbeley Yap, Heidilee Mohamad and Eugene Chan, will be using the Malakoff Powerman Malaysia this weekend in Lumut as the last leg of their preparations for Doha next month. Powerman Malaysia is a duathlon; a run-bike-run multi-sport race. The race is made up of a 10km run, 60km bike followed by another 10km run.
Kimbeley, who was second in the women's event last year said: "It certainly is going to be tough for the Malaysians as the world's best are in the fray but I will give it my best shot. "I am also using the event to prepare for the Asian Games but just the chance to race with the world's best is incentive enough," added Kimbeley, who is the reigning SEA Games triathlon champion.
Meanwhile, Heidilee said he was looking to improve on his times on the running and cycling courses. "Duathlon is similar to a triathlon except that there is no swimming. Still, if I can push myself during the running and cycling parts of the race, that will be good preparation for Doha," said Heidilee, who was the men's 20-29 age group champion at last year's Powerman Malaysia . "It's going to be a new challenge for me as unlike last year, I will race in the elite category this Sunday. Still, with the Doha Asian Games just around the corner, I need all the tough competition I can get."
Belgian brothers Benny and Jorie Vansteelant, who are the top two in the world, are the favourites in the men's event.
In the women's event, world top duathletes – Hungary's Erika Csomor and Britain's Michelle Parsons – will be making their maiden appearances in Malaysia.

UP TO THE TASK: Triathletes Eugene Chan, Kimbeley Yap and Heidilee Mohamad pose with the Asian Games mascot. They will be competing in the Powerman Malaysia in Lumut this weekend.
:)

4 comments:
you finished 10km under an hour while you were ill?! terer tuuuhh. The last time i ran (more walks than running) was the school cross country; 5km..finished over an hour. sungguh pathetic.
get well soon!
Teek!! hahahaha... gotta pretend strong & healthy while running, so i ran non-stop & maintain my stride.. dlm hati menyumpah sbb x de water stn.. der finishing time tu kira terrible la gak to me.. :)
Teek, finishing 5km no matter how long u took, is considered "kesungguhan & kesanggupan" yg x ternilai utk diri sendiri.. bravo Teek!! Jom lari!! Kasut lari baru idaman kalbu aritu dah beli??
Makk aiii.. 55mins + demam! Dah potong latest 10km aku.. Aku dah tercungap2 dah la ni!
H : lari syok2 jaaa.. bagi keluaq peluh2 sket.. hang tererist, lepas powerman, mesti semangat lain mcm punya.. Good Luck kat Powerman!!
Post a Comment