BACK TO NATURE

BACK TO NATURE
Green green grass of home

Life is shaped by your thoughts, therefore.....

Wednesday, 30 August 2006

I'm born a Malaysian...

31 AUGUST 1957 ~ 31 AUGUST 2006...

I always look forward for 31st August every year, remembering the day when "Malaya" being declared her Independence Day... I admit, I'm a very patriotic person. I love my country. I think I'm brave enough to fight for my country. It's just because I'm not a military or a defence personnel, that doesn't mean I can't do it. I know I can be the frontliner in a war if I have to, I know I can.

I remember my late father's story about how he survived the war & how the heroes of yesteryears fight for this country. Even my mom till now will always remind her children & grandchildren not to waste any food as she can still vividly remember the hard times when my grandparent, my mom, aunties & uncles survived only on tapioca, totally tapioca, for quite a very long time until this beautiful country is free from colonisation & communism. I just couldn't imagine if I have to live just like that, I mean eating tapioca day & night and be alert on curfew hours at all time.

Therefore, I'm glad to live in Malaysia. I just don't agree with some people who always complaint about how bad living in Malaysia but still live & making lots of money in Malaysia. To me, they're just a bunch of ungrateful Malaysian. They should not even call themselves Malaysian. I'll be happy if I have the opportunity to live elsewhere in the world like my cousin in NY, but deep in her heart, she is surely proud to be a Malaysian. Am I right cous??

Let me tell you a bit of the milestone, road to our Independence Day.


Malaysia's journey to nationhood from the years 1941–1966 was by no means an easy one. "Struggle" is the compelling keyword to denote what our forefathers went through to secure the feedom we needed to become a "sovereign, democratic and independent" nation. Their struggle, their quest for independence and their determination to shape the destiny of their homeland would not have borne fruit if they had not been welded together by their sense of unity and oneness of purpose.

Today, thanks to them, Malaysia, a multi-racial, multi-lingual, multi-religious and multi-cultural nation marches forward into the future together, as one nation, "founded upon the principles of liberty and justice and ever seeking the welfare and happiness of its people and the maintenance of a just peace among all nations". (Proclamation of Independence, 31st August, 1957)

"Fourteen horizontal stripes alternately red and white in colour, the uppermost stripe being red, having a blue quarter with a crescent and eleven-pointed stars in yellow superimposed, the standard size of the flag to be six feet by three feet." That is JALUR GEMILANG ~ the beautiful Malaysian flag, described in a nutshell.


SALAM KEMERDEKAAN to all of you Malaysians!!!
Let's love our country with all our heart.


MERDEKA!! MERDEKA!! MERDEKA!!

Happy 49th Birthday dearest Malaysia....

:)

3 comments:

aharis said...

Merdeka to you.. too.

Balik kg ekkk...

PURPLE.EYEZ said...

H: balik le.. kenangan terindah hanya di kg.. kenangan bersama arwah.. :(
sama2 merdeka kita di bumi Malaysia nan indah ini..

Anonymous said...

Happy Merdeka day to you too! Consider myself lucky to be living in both worlds.... at the end of the day I see that we are all the same no matter where we live, the color of our skin, our national origins and our beliefs. Too bad some people are too busy to enjoy the short lives that we have. Call me silly but I do have hope for world piece..... hopefully in our children's generation because they have seen so much pain and sufferings.... To Malaysia and Malaysians - Happy Birthday!!!!