So, on the event day, at 7.30am, I went over to Masjid Sg. Penchala, a neighbourhood which is just 4km away from my house, & of course I was aware that the same day is the "Maulidur Rasul" celebration. When I arrived, I saw there was already a big crowd of Sg Penchala residents in the sponsored white t-shirt written "Fairuz Fauzy" in front & "Spyker Team" at the back. I then proceed to the registration canopy to join the race & got myself a t-shirt too (only Size XL was available!!) which I had to put on immediately. While I did my stretching, few of the ladies looked at me with their big round eyez & I knew they're interested to join me. So, I called them & lead the all-ladies' stretching & warm-up session before the run. Lucky thing, I wore decently that morning or else the ladies would have given me their most 'evil' look!! :)
The "Larian F1" started around 8.30am & the thing that I liked most was there's no pump gun & no VIP to flag-off the runners. Firstly, it was the Welcoming Speech, then the 'Doa' recital and lastly the whistle blow to release the runners. There were only few categories and I think all together, there were about less than 200 runners including the schoolchildren. I saw the map of the run at the registration canopy but didn't asked about the distance. So, I just ran slowly but lead from the starting. Knowing Sg Penchala area very well, the route was slightly a little like the "Double Hill" @ Lengkok Tunku (Kenny Hill). Enjoying the 'kampung' scenery which reminded me of my 'kampung' in Kuala Kangsar, I just ran on my lite and easy pace. Towards the last mark before the finishing, I heard someone shouted, "Kategori Perempuan... pertama". I then quickly dashed to the finishing line & took the numbered ribbon & reported myself at the registration committee. Only then I realised, it was just 4km & I did less than 20 minutes. hahahahahahahahaahah... it was so funny...

This is Fairuz Fauzy...
I met Fairuz Fauzy & one of his Spyker Team (dunno his name), his rich-daddy, the MOFAZ big boss. I could see that this millionaire is such a humble guy who don't mind joining all the Sg Penchala folks.
Test driver Fairuz Fauzy for Spyker Formula One Team launch, Silverstone, 5th February 2007, the new 2007 Spyker-Ferrari F8-VII. (His daddy must be very proud of him).
After the run ended, Fairuz & his team did a mini-F1 driving demonstration on the road and later gave out the prizes (no cash) for the run. I got myself the 1st prize for my category & was given a big hamper and a set of amplifier/speaker system, total cost of around RM500!!! WOOOHOOOOOOOO!!! Took some pictures with my 'fans' (the kakak2 & makcik2) & was invited for more events in the afternoon, i.e. menganyam ketupat, bowling biji kelapa, tarik-upih etc. etc. I wished I could stay longer but I need to be in PD for the race next day.
Spyker Formula One Team launch, Silverstone, 5th February 2007, the new 2007 Spyker-Ferrari F8-VII. Test drivers Adrian Valles (ESP), Fairuz Fauzy (MAL), drivers Christijan Albers (NL) and Adrian Sutil (GER), test drivers Giedo van der Garde (NL), Marcus WinkelhocK (GER)
It was a good & noble day & I had fun..
:)

4 comments:
Fu-Yoh!.. Nko pukul semua makcik2 Formula One. Congrats to the Champ!!
Kena yam-seng dgn botoi 100+ nih..
Cous,
Congrats! You must be like, "Who? Me?" Dalam hati " this is a piece of cake. I can do this in my sleep. I didn't even sweat!" :) You had fun too, right? That's what really matters. Great job cous!
Congrats! If I ran, do you think I could've finished top 15?
So, where's the PD report?
Al-Ha : sian gak kat depa sbb kena tinggal jauh sbb depa jln kaki mcm rombongan cik kiah.. hehehehe.. 100+ tak dpt, dlm hamper tu ada air tin tongkat ali mofaz punya product.. tongkat ali??? aku bedal je.. bagus gak sbb it helped masa PD half the next day..:)
Cous : Yeah, this race is totally a different one.. feel-at-home like sukaneka @ kampung.. the Sg Penchala community is so aman-damai.. my only regret was, i forgot to share the hamper with d makcik2 & kakak2 which i intended to do so when i got it.. sbbnye, after prize-giving, kena interview dgn reporter.. termalu la pulak..
Haza : of course, top 2, u & me.. PD report will be up soon.. the rain was soooooo heavy in PD, gotta dry up my report 1st.. hehehehehe..
Post a Comment