
There were 2 races that were purposely 'planned' by FTAAA on Sunday, 7 May 2006. The famous Larian Bomba was held at Dataran Merdeka which started at 7.30am while the not-so-famous World Asthma Day Jogathon 2006 was at the Padang Merbok.
The night before the race day, it was raining cats & dogs which resulted in the form of "muddy field" at Padang Merbok and that's where the challenge started. Actually, it was not so challenging, but it "challenged" my mental (the mud drove me mad lah!!!) because I wore my so-called "new & expensive" pair of "quite branded" running shoes which I've been keeping it for months. The tee-shirts & bibs were distributed on the race day. The race attracted quite a number of people and I could see some famous faces including Wong Ah Thiam and Shahrom Abdullah (who registered 15 minutes before the race started). An old chap, they called him Uncle Joe, performed his brief tai-chi exercises of 10 minutes' warm-ups for all runners. Under the starting banner, all the categories were flagged off at one go. That's where the chaos begun!!! Some run through the muddy field, some run half-way & climb the stairs & some climb the stairs straight away & saved 20 meters away (they're the witty & clever ones!!). Me, being stupid but quickly realised, ran 5 meters then climb the stairs off to the road.
While mumbling about my muddy shoes, I met Zul, the Putrajaya guy & said Hi to him.. as I've expected, he's quite surprised when I introduced myself. Remembering Haris with his dropped jaws when I said "Hi Haris!!" :) Sorry Haris!! hehehehe.. Zul too, mumbled about his new pair of Adidas which was coated with mud!! Anyway, Zul zoomed himself & left me still mumbling while running. I speed & off-speed at the same time, feeling so uncomfortable with my heavy muddy beautiful shoes plus my wet adidas socks which gave me slight cramps to my toe. I knew I was in the leading pack right until the hill in front of the Forestry office and after 3.5km, 2 young girls overtook me and my eyes could just say "Go ahead girls" while I finish up the rest of the 1.5km on my own pace. Looked 100m behind & in front, no signs of my category, I dashed to the finishing line and again struggling with the muddy field. Upon reaching, the FTAAA guys stopped me & gave me small card no 10, wrote my name & let me go, panting & trying to catch from some fresh air... And the guy named Tey, took some pictures of me in some kinda ghost lookalike.. :) and later gave his comments & advices on my running... thank you Tey!!
OK lah, my pink stopwatched stated 28.54 while the FTAAA recorded my time as 28.58.. whatever lah... Anyway, me not so happy with the position no. 10 (becoz the prizes were up till no. 8 only!! stingy organizer..) but happy that the race was over & that I'm safe & healthy throughout the run. Searched for Zul, but couldn't find his shadow, maybe he's gone to wash his brand new shoes... Chatted with Tey & frens and also Faizah & Wani & few other familiar faces. No lucky draw, no medal, no nothing, only McDonalds' burger, Nestle yogurt, Ribena & one size XL t-shirt for a size S me... what else do you expect, it's free registration lah!!
After the run, as usual, headed to mamak restaurant for a cuppa teh tarik lah!!! YIEEEEHAAAAAA.... super-addicted-teh-tarik me!!!
Pictures of the winners of the day... stolen (with courtesy) from someone's blog.. I'll ask for his permission when I see him in my next run... hehehehehe..

WOMEN OPEN CATEGORY

MEN OPEN CATEGORY

5 comments:
oit makcik...NB15k pegi tak?
hey abe z!! NB15k teringin nak pegi.. tp dah broke sbb beli kasut baru.. blanja la gue!! :) hehehehe.. buat muka slumber tak malu nih... ko pegi ye? gud luck ok.. buat PR baru ekk.. abe z sure boleh punye lah!! steady abe z roddy piper VI!!
blanja heheh..gua pun kena sponsor..maklumlah..pro
Wey.. lalat masuk daaa..
alha: lalat goreng pon sedap aper!!! kutok aku le tu.. canggih tak candid pix tu?? bukan senang nak dpt wooo.. :)
Post a Comment