
"The achievement of your goal is assured the moment you commit yourself."
Therefore, my another 2007 race commitment : AMBank-KL International Marathon.
This week, as at today, I received 2 good news & 2 not-so-good news. The 1st news was about my successful application of something without seeking help from any 'underground cables'. The news really cheered up my day & also meant that I've to sacrifice my races in April. Something really important needs to be done in April.
Secondly, my boss just offered me an extension of employment contract for another 2 years instead of yearly & with more ($$$) package. My 1st word, "Syukran, Jazakallahu Khairan Ya Allah!!". I know, most of the GLC companies only offer contract employment nowadays. So, this is really a blessing. It's going to be my 3rd year working here & I have more years to prove my working performance. Thank you boss!! I remembered the day I came for the interview before I join this company. I expected these questions will be asked as I was so prepared...
Why don't you tell me about yourself..
What are your strength?
What are your weaknesses?
What are your long term goals?
What will your former employers say about you?
Why do you want this job?
What attracts you to this company?
How will your previous experience help you in this job?
Why should I hire you?
Instead, the panel interviewers asked me, you really participated in these races??? I said YES. They were like goooggooo, gaaagaaa.... because they were browsing thru all my race certificates which I slot together with my portfolio & resume folder, of course with purpose. A day later, they called me up & offered the job. On my 1st day, I asked one of staff who interviewed me, "Why actually you hired me?" And, she answered, "Because we wanted somebody with a towering personality & with drive & have passion to take up challenges." Wowwww.... I was speechless!! That was early 2005.
So far, I like this place, it's so HAPPENING!!
The not so good news was, my good fren, Ju, lost her mother due to cancer. I feel sorry for you Ju. I know she's going thru a very hard time now, like I did when my dad passed away last July. I hope Ju is strong everyday, as always. Ju is my secondary classmate & my hockey team mate, she was the goalkeeper & I was the left-winger..
Another news, my youngest sister has been admitted to Pantai Medical Centre for the dengue fever & she's struggling to be back on her feet again. She's 'anak bapak' like me too. I know she's very sad not only because of the fever but also b'coz at times like this, she needs 'Abah' to be around. She didn't show it but I know... all I could encourage her is to advise her to eat & drink adequately, to make her feel better & to fight the pain.

Let's face the music....

4 comments:
For the good news...
Canteekk. Limau 2 kotak. Tutuh makan dgn monyet@LG..wokey?
Yg kureng gumbira...
Aku tumpang simpati. Keep going strong.
Limau cicah kuah rojak!! Pi celebrate dgn monyet2 kat kaki Bkt Larut. :)
Yg elok dr DIA, yg kureng dr diri sendiri..
Tengkiu for yr concern..
aikkk..dah pindah balik sini...what hepen to wordpress..anyway...i wish all the best to all you and your family members. Sakit itu juga adalah rahmat tuhan...
z: wordpress idup lagi.. maintain both.. setiap yg sihat, sesekali sakit; yg sakit pon ada yg sihat.. cobaaaaaannnn... :)
Post a Comment