BACK TO NATURE

BACK TO NATURE
Green green grass of home

Life is shaped by your thoughts, therefore.....

Saturday, 19 May 2007

The real Royal Wedding of the year...

When I read the news about the Raja Muda of Perak, Raja Dr Nazrin Shah, declined a state allocation for his wedding with Zara Salim Davidson and advised the state government to spend the money on development projects to meet the needs of the people and Raja Nazrin himself would bear all expenses incurred for the wedding.... I felt so proud being the 'rakyat jelata' of Perak.

Additional to that, when the Raja Muda wanted a simple royal wedding conducted on a moderate scale and advised companies and individuals against competing to buy advertising space in newspapers on the occasion of his wedding and he would be happier if funds for the advertisements were channelled to charity, especially to places of worship, welfare bodies, old folks' homes, orphanages and schools in Perak; made me respect more for him & his humbleness.

Although born a royalty and having lived in the palace all his life, his heart is truly with the people. That's what a real Prince who has the people's interests at heart & not being selfish & so humble. I've met him with his family few times during some official & unofficial functions in Perak & yes, this royal family is so down-to-earth. My mom once told me too that my grandfather was the chauffeur at Istana Iskandariah, for the present Sultan Perak's father, the late Sultan Yussuf, and he's the one who suggested my mother's name to my grandfather when my mom was born. Wowwww... it's not a big story but to me, it's a great history.

Therefore, I would like to wish "Selamat Pengantin Baru to Yang Mulia Dr Raja Nazrin Shah, Raja Muda Perak & YM Tuanku Zara Salim, Raja Puan Besar Perak" although I know he won't be reading my blog at all, anyway I'm proud of both of you. You are the best example of the future King & Queen.

More on The Royal Wedding, at Balairong Seri, Istana Iskandariah, Bukit Chandan, Kuala Kangsar, Perak Darul Ridzuan, courtesy of Bernama.com







YM Raja Puan Besar, Tuanku Zara Salim..



May God bless you Tuanku!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nezz, I agree, susah nak cari VVIP/royalty like the Raja Muda. But although the wedding was not lavish, I think it's still elegant! And Tuanku Zara is a very gorgeous bride!

PURPLE.EYEZ said...

Haza, u know wat, Kuala Kangsar was the most happening & "meriah" town on that day.. semua rakyat jelata merasa tempias celebration.. the couple is so 'sama cantik sama padan' lah..