BACK TO NATURE

BACK TO NATURE
Green green grass of home

Life is shaped by your thoughts, therefore.....

Monday, 12 March 2007

Tunnel runners...

Does this sound familiar "DON'T WORK HARD, WORK SMART"??
Well, it also applies to "DON'T RUN HARD, RUN SMART"...
Just kidding...

Yesterday, 11 March, I participated in the SMART Tunnel 14.3km Run. It's a new tunnel, which will be officially opened to the public in one of these days. But first of all, we runners were given the opportunity to get the "feel" & taste the "aroma" of the tunnel.


The run was well organised on the running form but not in the reality. The route was clear, but the kind of treatment the runners got was not up to the standard of a 14.3km running event. The main reason was of course the water station didn't provide enough water for the runners. In fact, being so frustrated, I was so thick-faced & begged a gulp of water from a big bro (huge) who was carrying his water-bottle.. luckily he was walking & was kind enough to let me have it..


I ran slowly, not trying to stop or walk, in & out of the hot & humid SMART Tunnel, despite the ankle-pain I'm having till now, letting go all the runners to overtake me... right after getting out of the tunnel, we were stopped for about 8 minutes by the traffic police, to give ways to the cars... sooooooooooo kind of him.... grrrrrrr... towards the end, I just ran to finish up.. and glad I did it!!


For the 14.3km, I ran 1:28:20hrs (minus the 8 minutes stop by the traffic policy @ Jln. Tun Razak)... grabbed the 45th finishers' medal... no big deal... I'm reserving my stamina for the coming KLIM...

Overall, it's something new, but the concrete track is damn hard, giving extra pain to my ankle... the lack of water supply to the runners was something serious & shouldn't happened to a locally organized event...


Back-to-back, I can smell the KLIM now!!!
:)

8 comments:

ZailanMY said...

takpee...KLIM lu pulun bayeeek punya...I'll be waiting at the finishing (since I'll be doing 10k only) muahahahaha

PURPLE.EYEZ said...

Zek-Azura!! doing 10km is challenging gak sbb sumer nak berebut cepat sampai.. aku takde la nak target yg hebat2, dpt improve time pon ok lah... kat finishing line nanti jgn takat tunggu aje, amik gambo aku byk2 ye, nanti aku posing maut bayeeek punya.. heh heh heh..

Anonymous said...

i prefer to walk in the tunnel, coz masa kat starting aku macam malas dah bleh? :p

Anonymous said...

Hah! This is you rupanya! He he...

PURPLE.EYEZ said...

Jaja, tak sanggup nak jln dlm tunnel tu.. sbb tu le lari cepat2 nak keluar.. hehehe.

Haza!! Gotcha... heheheh..

TriStupe said...

looks like i'll kena lap by you again this KLIM.
:)

Keipo said...

is 13.3km leh...when became 14.3km ?

PURPLE.EYEZ said...

Stupe, no lah.. i'll maintain my pace but I'll try not to walk too much like last year.. we finish together ok!!

Tey, izzit?? I think the MC talked too much till I dunno what she was saying lah.. hehehe.. :)