BACK TO NATURE

BACK TO NATURE
Green green grass of home

Life is shaped by your thoughts, therefore.....

Saturday, 16 September 2006

PAIN vs GAIN

There's one thing that I swear that I won't repeat again ever... playing NETBALL!!! It's a fullstop & no turning back. This is totally a schoolgirl's game & sooooo not me. Netball is a non-contact game. No player shall knock or push an opponent or interfere with her play, either accidentally or deliberately. But these bunch of people either they're ignorant or they just don't know the rules, or maybe they're oversized, played it wrongly with too many body-contacts.

Anyway, this morning, I represented my office to play 5 games in an inter-subsidiaries' netball tournament. I played WA, C & DK and my "hot & vibrant" team made it through the final & we were declared 1st runner-up out of 6 teams. It was a sweet victory because for the final game, we were against the strongest team with some state & national players in it. Unexpectedly, I was spotted by the coach & referee and they have taken my name to join that team. Their reason was because I'm fit & full of stamina. Oh no!! I'm not gonna risk myself again. Netball is just not my game. That's so way behind, I only played netball during my schooldays & collegedays. I played it just for fun because my team was lack of players. The last time I played netball was 4 years ago, interstate, for my previous company, after being 'forced' by my colleagues.


Actually, all of the above was just part of the reason (& excuses) that I got this ligament injury & it's so damn pain at the tarsals & metatarsals area. I regret of playing this (silly) game, I should have rested my feet after last week's Putrajaya Marathon. I blamed no one but myself & that stupid netball!!

No comments: