BACK TO NATURE

BACK TO NATURE
Green green grass of home

Life is shaped by your thoughts, therefore.....

Sunday, 30 April 2006

Run Ladies Run!!!

LARIAN AMAL JELITA BERSAMAMU,
30th Anniversary of Jelita Magazine
30 April 2006, Dataran Merdeka,
Distance : 7km & 5km





The run was specially dedicated to all ladies from all walk of life - young & old; big or small; rich or non-rich; students, working adults, housewives or professionals. It's totally a "Ladies' Days Out".

Met few great ladies i.e. Emilia, Norlida, Kimberley Yap, G.Suseela, S.Devamani, Valli Michael before the race started. Do you know who they are?? Hey, don't play play ok.. these are the 'podium finishers' in every single running events in & out of Malaysia. Chatted with them after our warm up session few minutes before the race. I 'revealed' myself to Kimberley & she's quite surprised as all these while she only knew my 'nickname'. The race started separately for 7km and 5km. Me and the names above ran for the 7km. We looked so 'different' as we were wearing the normal running attire while the other ladies were in their pink t-shirt given by the organizer. Not only that, all of us seemed a lil 'muscular, lean & thin' of a runners' shape (except for Kimberly with her broad swimmers' shoulder).

7.30am the race started smoothly. At the beginning, I followed right behind Kimberley, and I was the 7th runner in the leading pack. At 3km, saw Shine & waved at him. Shine said "Go faster go!!" And I did my fastest speed than normal until 5km, I did one stupid mistake, I stopped at the water station just to grab a cup of 100plus. I regretted it so much. I shouldn't have stopped because I wasn't that thirsty & in need of water so desperately. Maybe because I'm so used to stop at water station during a race. I won't do that again next time, I promised myself that. When I continued my run, I could not see Kimberley & the leading pack again. And because of that silly mistake too, I think 5 more runners overtook me. Struggling my last 2km, I turbo-ed till the finish line, and was given a card written #12. Looked at my watch, it's written 0:41:05. Hmmmm.. if only I didn't stop at the water station, I could have completed the run by sub-40mins & grab maybe the 10th medal... Erkkkkkk....

Later went over to Emilia (curent Malaysian marathoner) who finished 2nd in her Senior category (30-39) behind G.Susila (the ex-Malaysian marathoner) and Kimberly (Top Malaysian Triathlete) & Norlida (Top 10k runner) who got 4th & 2nd medal each in the Open category same like me. With my 12th placing medal & 41.05mins, well, I think I'm quite satisfied with my run as I competed with the university runners, state runners & also the National Sports Council runners.

It was a good day, a lil hot. No lucky draw for me as I left early. But before I left, Emilia gave me some notes on marathon training... my secret training for Penang Bridge International Marathon!! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rugilah tak dapat join...dah pakai mekap dgn skirt dah pagi tu

Anonymous said...

laaaa, kena pakai mekap dgn skirt kee kalau nak join..? boleh kee lari kalau pakai skirt...? hehehe

PURPLE.EYEZ said...

abe z!! aisayman, u shud hv come lah!! sure u look like amber chia!! :)

tt : nko takyah mekap, dah cun dah, pakai sari je cukup, sure mcm malikka sherawat!! hehehehe..

Anonymous said...

malikka sherawat...? feeewwwiiitttt..!!!!!


errrr, malikka sherawat tuu saper weiii...?

PURPLE.EYEZ said...

tt: malikka tu yg dtg kat mesia yg berlakon dgn jackie chan tu la.. :)

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»