BACK TO NATURE

BACK TO NATURE
Green green grass of home

Life is shaped by your thoughts, therefore.....

Sunday, 16 April 2006

Running safely under PDRM's custody!!


After the last Power Run on 16 March, my legs rested 100% from racing. The "goosebumps" came few days before the Larian Mesra Rakan Cop. Hoping that my alternate brick training will be of help for the race. The t-shirt & goodie bag was collected at the IPK Jln Hang Tuah which was quite funny... they gave away murukku & mineral water... no wonder the Indian runners were always fast... they ate murukku before the run!!! Ah-ha... now I know what's their secret!!

The run started smoothly, I was 'sandwiched' in between the guys, couldn't find my running idol, Amy & other familiar faces. The new PDRM recruit guys were all looking at me from head-to-toe as if I'm a criminal (or maybe I'm their running motivator for the day!! :))

I didn't warm up much, just simple stretching & muscle flexing. No powergel or whatsoever related to it, I'm trying not to rely on any powerbar thingy if possible. Ran slow & steady followed the guys' sexy bon-bon. No panting, no cramps. One recruit trainee paced with me from start till the end trying to boast that he actually can do sub-50mins for a 10km. Naaaaahhh, I don't think so. Looking at his pace & listening to his panting breath, he can't simply bullshit a marathon runner!! heheheheheheheheh...

Neway, finished the 10.9km run at 63.21mins according to my stopwatch and managed to grab a medal for 17th placing. Thank you!!! My 2nd Larian Rakan Cop medal, the 1st medal was of last year's run.

Met few fellow runners after that.. PM1, Tey, CM, Kelvin, Goh, Shaharudin, Emilia, Norlida and many more... in fact, all the runners are my friends by now..

So, looking forward for my next run & that would be Larian Jelita at the end of April.. yayyy!! See ya...

No comments: