BACK TO NATURE

BACK TO NATURE
Green green grass of home

Life is shaped by your thoughts, therefore.....

Monday, 29 January 2007

Sleep-Walking...

Last Sunday 21st Jan, I was at Tapak A, Lake Garden... & yesterday 28th Jan, I was there again for another kind of event... yet still it's a race... walk race...


The walk race started quite late, around 8.00am, after an aerobic session lead by a group of UiTM Faculty of Sports Science students. Running is normal, but fast walking is extra-normal... you've got to do it right or else you'll be considered disqualified by the marshalls. The walking technique for a race, taught by my coach previously, walk with the steps of one leg straight & one leg bend... if both the legs bend while walking, then out you go...

I started off well, as usual, with the leading pack, until 500 meter when these group of people started to run when the marshall & official was not around... I wonder why there must be people who cheat during a race... oh yes, because they wanted to grab that RM1,000 cash prize if possible... I don't care, they wanna run, go ahead, I'm still in my walkrace style and when suddenly I heard a comment from a official who called upon a lady who was seen running. The marshall said to others while pointing at me, "Look, she's doing it right, that's the correct way of walking for a race!!"... Ehem, ehem.... hey see the leg lah ma'am.... hehehehehe... I've been participating in Malay Mail Big Walk in previous years, also the Penang StarWalk twice and was a silver medallist in one of the group company's athletic meet in 2005... but I've not been on a proper training, so I participated this race for only a 2-days' training recently, excuse me... :)


The race route was totally in the Lake Garden area, flat & hill... passing by Bkt Aman car park, I heard my name being called... looked around & saw Tey the PM22... I waved him & walked again until suddenly I heard a very familiar voice... Purple, Purple, Purple... ehhhhhhh.... turned right & saw the Bon-Bon Zeblini in his tri-suit cheering by the roadside... alamak, kantoi!!! A marathoner was caught-in-action & red-handed doing a race walk!! hahahahaahah... maluuuuu...

I saw many many many women running although they're supposed to walk briskly & fast, but I think they just don't understand the earlier briefing given by the FTAAA officials before the race started, so I just let them be.. me in my own walking world...

What I did was just to walk in style, non-stop and reached the finishing line... there were cash prizes & medals for Top 13 only & I knew I didn't get any... well, never mind, at least I follow the race rule accordingly & clocked myself 37mins. Placing, I don't know... maybe 14th or 15th...

What a day, my legs were pretty tired as fast walking demanded a different kind of muscles unlike running...

After the race, had a delicious breakfast at the foodcourt. Met Mr Chan Chee Seng & his family including Eugene & Mr Chan still remembered me, he said Hi!! How are you?? T'was a good day.... went back home, feeling fresh & healthy!!

1,500 women walk their way to a fitter tomorrow - NSTP, 29 Jan 2007

KUALA LUMPUR: More than 1,500 women took part in the Nestle Fitnesse-Malay Mail 5km Ladies’ Walk at the Lake Club yesterday. {Nope..... actually, only about 500 women & 50 men were around...}

The event was aimed at creating awareness of the importance of incorporating exercise as part of daily activities and a balanced diet. After the run, the participants were treated to performances by local hip-hop group Ahli Fiqir and Malaysian Idol songstress Dina. They went home with goodie bags while prizes were given to those who finished among the top three for the junior and open categories as well as 10 consolation prizes.

I was there, struggling in between.....



The best of both Saturday & Sunday were, watching the Australian Open Tennis final matches between Maria Sharapova & Serena Williams which was the latter emerged a Champion. It was a surprising results but Serena proved that her comeback was a sweet success.


So does, Roger Federer vs Fernando Gonzalez... Roger won.


My tennis racket missed me sooooooooooooo much!!!!

:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if see the leg, and the bulu no cukur, how?

PURPLE.EYEZ said...

kaki bulu? gorila, org utan N bigfoot no need cukur.. let it be as it is.. :)