BACK TO NATURE

BACK TO NATURE
Green green grass of home

Life is shaped by your thoughts, therefore.....

Monday, 4 July 2005

"Running is a Journey"

To all of you runners who have taken up this sport in the past ten to twenty years let me give you some advice, from someone who has been running for over thirty years. Running is a journey that will take you to places you have never gone before. I started running when I was 11 yrs old and have learned many life lessons along the way about training, life and about myself. Many of the lessons are about pain, upset and defeat, yet I have never once thought about quitting the one sport that I love so much. I can count all of my best races on one hand (maybe one hand and two or three fingers), but that has not stopped me from running. Running is my friend that dosen?t care if I don?t see him for a while, but is glad to see me when I retrun. Running is the one constant thing in my life and when my daughters took it up it made my life complete. I have trained many runners and they too have embraced it like I have. So to all of you who have the courage to call yourselves runners, thank you. Thank you for caring to make yourselves better, thank you for the lonely miles you will run in good or bad weather. Thank you for just doing it when you just don?t feel like doing it, and thank you for making the last 30yrs worth living knowing that I am not alone out there running for no particular reason other than for the love of it. To run is to know, to know is what makes life complete.
Comment by Joe Nolasco @ Runners Blog Journal (RBJ) Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i want to be the first to put a comment on this blog :P

aharis said...

Me.. second.
Baru ko nak taruh comment..

Testing! 1 2 3..
Testing! 3 2 1..

Houstan! we having problem here!

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»